We are recruiting! Freelance Financial Consultant for EU-funded projects
25/09/21 – Freelance Financial Consultant for EU-funded projects
The Financial Consultant provides virtual and on-demand counselling on EU grants, including advice on timesheets, procurement, service contracts, TVA issues, staff costs and projects’ subcontracts, in line with EU grant regulations (HOME, JUST, Erasmus) and the Belgian legislation.
The Consultant may be asked for support and guidance with financial coordination and reporting, setting up and monitoring the financial project reporting systems and procedures, and ensuring that project budgets are correctly and fully utilized. They may be asked for help developing budgets for new EU grant applications.
The Consultant is expected to provide support on-demand and mostly remotely. The fee shall be paid hourly, with no minimum number of hours. The anticipated workload is approximately between 8 and 16 hours a month.
Skills and qualifications:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in financial management and implementation of EU-funded projects, as well as in the preparation of budgets for EU grant applications
- Demonstrated experience and excellent knowledge of EU funding programmes and EU financial regulations, notably HOME, JUST and Erasmus
- Knowledge of Belgian financial legislation desired
- Relevant University degree (B.A. or higher) (e.g. administration, finance, management, European studies)
- Excellent English, oral and written, Dutch a plus
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred
- Problem-solver, independently and with others
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
Application: To apply, please send a motivation letter, indicating your consultancy rate, together with your resume in English in one single PDF document to email@example.com with “Financial Consultant” as the subject line.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis.