Invitation to tender for external evaluator
25/03/22 The team implementing the EU-funded project WINGS is seeking to recruit an Evaluation Consultant to conduct an independent evaluation. The assignment will start in February 2022, until January 2024.
WINGS is a 24-month project (1 February 2022-31 January 2024) implemented by the civil society organizations CESIE (IT), KMOP (GR), Libera (IT), Payoke (BE) and SURT (ES). The action is aimed at offering third-country national (TCN) women survivors of trafficking language training, psychological support, individual job counselling, and internship or job opportunities.
The present assignment is intended as one mid-term and one final independent evaluation providing an overall assessment of the project’s effectiveness and achievements. The summative evaluation shall reveal whether the project objectives were met, and the overall impact of the action.
The evaluator is expected to carry out qualitative and quantitative measurements of the progress, results, and impact of the project, relevance, applicability, implementation of the activities, outputs, deliverables produced throughout the project`s cycle, and their consistency with the set objectives and outcomes.
Furthermore, the evaluator shall evaluate the partnership and its capacity to achieve the set goals as well as the engagement and impact on target groups and key actors (women victims of trafficking, service providers, employers) participating in the project.
The external independent evaluator shall design an external evaluation plan complementing the internal evaluation strategy that will be provided by the project partners.
The external evaluator must deliver two reports: a Midterm Evaluation Report by the end of February 2023, and a Final Evaluation Report, by the end of January 2024.
Tenderers will be excluded from participation in this procurement procedure if:
(1) they are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are in an analogous situation arising from a similar procedure provided for in national legislation or regulations;
(2) they have been convicted of an offense concerning their professional conduct by a judgment that has the force of res judicata;
(3) they have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which the Beneficiary can justify;
(4) they have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the country of the Beneficiary or those of the country where the contract is to be performed;
(5) they have been the subject of a judgment that has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity detrimental to the Communities’ financial interests;
Exclusion from the award of contracts
Contracts may not be awarded to tenderers which, during the procurement procedure:
(a) are subject to a conflict of interests;
(b) are guilty of misrepresentation in supplying the information required by the Beneficiary as a condition of participation in the contract procedure or fail to supply this information.
Tenderers must certify that they are not in one of the situations listed above filling the declaration of honour attached to this invitation.
- Availability for the remainder of the project’s implementation period (01.02.2022-31.01.2024).
- Minimum 5 years of knowledge and expertise in women’s empowerment and labour integration programmes, with minimum 3 years specifically in support of women victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Experience in evaluation of EU funded projects (evaluation experience of at least two projects, incl. projects co-funded by the AMIF programme)
- Proficiency in English language (at least C1), very good writing skills.
Further to this, the quality of candidatures will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Quality of the proposed evaluation plan (including methodology to be used).
Financial evaluation will be carried out on the basis of the cost proposal (total price including VAT).
The contract will be awarded to the tender offering best value for money. All requests to participate and tenders declared as satisfying the requirements and criteria announced in advance will be evaluated by a committee. The commission’s reports and written records are for official use only and may not be communicated to the tenderers nor to any party other than the Coordinator, project partners and Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs, Migration and Security Funds.
The quality of the candidatures will be evaluated by assigning a maximum of 100 points to candidates for qualitative criteria (competences and experiences: max. 60 points; proposed evaluation plan: max. 40 points). Each tender reaching a minimum of 60 points in the technical criteria will be included in the financial evaluation.
Financial evaluation will be carried out as follows: the candidate with the lowest Total Price will be awarded 100 points for the Financial score. The other candidates will be awarded points on the basis of the following formula:
Financial score = (lowest Total Price/Total Price of the bid in question) x 100
In order to determine the best value for money tender for the award of the contract, the quality/price ratio of 80/20 will be applied in the following way:
- The points awarded for technical quality (overall technical score) multiplied by 0,80
- The points awarded for the price (financial score) multiplied by 0,20
The tender must be submitted filling in the template of Annex 1. Tenders submitted in any other format will not be considered. The tender must be submitted in English. Tender submitted in any other language will be automatically rejected.
The Declaration of honour, duly filled in and signed has to be attached to this template (Annex 2).
The tender and the declaration of honour must be submitted in electronic version (PDF version) to the following email addresses:
The object of the email must indicate “Tenders external evaluator of 101038321— WINGS — AMIF-2020-AG”
The original copy shall be provided upon specific request by the Beneficiary.
The deadline for the submission of the tender is 10/04/2022.
Invitation to tender issued: 7 March 2022
Closing date for submission of tender: 08 April 2022
Evaluation process: 09-15 April 2022
Consultancy period: 15-24 April 2022
Questions regarding particular aspects of this Invitation to Tender or any other matter relating to the tender should be directed to: email@example.com
Annex 3 –ToR External evaluator final