03 Oct LIBES: Life Beyond the Shelter
In October 2019 Payoke launched “Life Beyond the Shelter” (LIBES), an EU funded project aiming to ensure positive long-term integration for third-country national victims of trafficking in the host society by reinforcing support in the transition from shelter life to independence.
Whereas in virtually every Member State there is a support system in place providing for the immediate and short-term needs of victims, longer-term assistance can be a challenge. Short-term assistance alone is generally insufficient to support integration. Once victims leave the shelter, they are on their own, coping with multiple tasks and trying to move on with their lives, often in a country foreign to them and with modest language skills. In this phase, shelters and social services strive to continue to provide help, often in the form of outpatient care, but they hardly have the resources to ensure close and comprehensive follow-up.
For more information, see Libes website www.libes.org or please contact us at email@example.com
Project results to date:
- See all results here
- “A World I Can Trust” The needs of third-country national victims of trafficking transitioning from shelter to independent living EN FR NL DE IT ES
- Gids met diensten voor integratie van kwetsbare derdelanders NL Diensten -Antwerpen en omgeving NL
- Independent living skills training handbook Modules EN DE IT Annexes EN DE IT
- “Living on your own” – A printable vademecum with practical tips for people moving out of the shelter EN
- Transition housing for trafficked persons: a case study about the Libes pilot in Antwerp EN
- Tools for setting up and operating a buddy program for survivors of human trafficking:
- Ebook: Mentoring for human trafficking survivors DE EN IT Flipbook
- E-mentoring tips EN